In our work as educators, we have had plenty of opportunities to interact with young people and it is indispensable that parents and educators take time to listen to what children between the age group of 11-15 in India are saying today. They do appreciate their parents and elders even if they do not express it always. Here are some of their statements:
- Have faith in us.
- Do not scold us in front of others.
- Thank you for giving us birth.
- We are satisfied with what we get from our parents.
- We are sorry for our misbehavior.
- Do continue to be what you are to us.
- Have trust in us.